How can you prepare the perfect chocolate brownie and what are the culinary secrets that you should know to be able to bake this delicious American dessert? We offer you 2 brownie recipes to try out, with which you will inspire all family members.
Shortly to the history of brownies
There are many myths about the invention of brownies. According to some, a cook has forgotten to add melted chocolate to the cookie dough. And others claim that a housewife has forgotten to add baking soda to your cake. There are many stories, but only one is historically supported. The first brownie recipe came out in the book of Fani Farman in 1896. She has changed her recipe for biscuits somewhat and has simply baked the mixture in a rectangular shape. This first recipe does not include any chocolate. The chocolate-containing recipe does not appear until 1898 in the”Kansas City Journal”. Today the Brownie is known as the most popular American dessert worldwide.
Brownie as a dessert for young and old
Tips for the perfect brownie
There are some simple rules about the brownie baking that you must adhere to in order to get a delicious dessert.
- The eggs should be kept at room temperature – the cold eggs will not make the dough so loose. Remove the eggs from the refrigerator at least 40 minutes before preparation.
- Be cautious when baking – keep exactly the baking time recommended in the recipe. Test the dough 5 minutes before the prescribed time with a toothpick and when it is dry, remove it from the oven, otherwise it will become too dry.
- If you use baking paper, you will save yourself the washing afterwards, and secondly you can remove the brownie more easily from the mold.
- It is important to know that you should not mix the mixture after the addition of the flour. It is best to stir by hand with a ladle. Excessive stirring will activate gluten.
- Bake the brownie in a metal mold to make it evenly baked.
After we have listed the history and secrets of the perfect brownies, it is time to go on to the recipe.
Classic Brownie Recipe
- 200 g chocolate
- 100 g of butter
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 250 g of sugar
- 100 g flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
Switch the oven on 180 ° to preheat it. Place baking paper in the selected baking form. If it is not tight in shape, add some oil or butter.
Melt the chocolate and the butter together on a water bath or microwave. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
Beat in a bowl the sugar and the eggs to snow.
Add the chocolate mixture to the egg and add the dry mix that you prepared in advance. If possible, try to push them first.
If desired, you can add 100 grams of nuts.
Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool and then cut it off.
Strawberry Brownie Recipe
Since the summer offers fresh strawberries, we have decided to give you our favorite recipe for brownie with strawberries.
The required ingredients:
- 125 g of butter
- 225 g natural chocolate
- 3/4 Coffee Mugs Sugar
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 1/2 Mugs Flour
- 1 baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 500 g of strawberries
- 225 g chocolate + 50 g butter for glaze
Mix the chocolate and the butter together and let them melt in the water bath or microwave. Allow to cool to room temperature.
In another bowl, mix the eggs and the sugar together and add the baking powder and the flour.
Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs. Bake in preheated oven at 180 ° for about 25 minutes.
After the brownie is cool, add the washed strawberries over it and pour over the chocolate-butter glaze.
After an hour or so, the Browine is ready for cutting and serving.
Let yourself and your family taste good!